Monday, October 1, 2007

Glider Ride












My number came up for the ride in the glider. Its a motor glider, meaning it can take off under its own power (without having to be towed by another aircraft or a slingshot) You shut the motor off when you get to the altitude you want and glide around. Its quite peaceful. I got to fly it for about half an hour under power and for about 2 min. gliding. Talk about being excited and terrified all at once. You are in control and have never flown a plane before. It was very exciting and I got a lot of good pictures and may consider getting my glider rating.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Hey Bob!!!
I guess I'm your #1 fan, well besides Risa! Looks pretty cool in the 'copter! Sounds like things are busy but going well. Like all the pictures!

Amie said...

Hi! Cool pics. I love the title of your blog!

Risa said...

Now you just need to get your dad to start commenting and you would have another adoring fan! :)


Nice pictures!

Anna said...

Very interesting blog and cool pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bob! Glad to hear your grades are good and that you're enjoying it out there in South Dakota...hope to see y'all soon :)